Expression of Interest: PhD Student Vacancy in Governance of Multistakeholder Platforms
Management Studies Group, Wageningen University
The Management Studies (MST) Group at Wageningen University is seeking to fill an exciting “Sandwich PhD” position for a candidate in Uganda financed through a forthcoming project. The PhD student would contribute to the current debate on how the governance of multi-stakeholder innovation platforms influences – directly or indirectly through network, institutional or policy change – farmers’ and/or small businesses’ entrepreneurship along food supply chains. This is part of a broader project (still in need of receiving formal approval) titled “Developing value chain innovation platforms to improve food security in East and Southern Africa” in collaboration with the World Agroforestry Centre and University of Adelaide.
The position would be full-time from September 2015 up to September 2019:
- 1st year would be in Wageningen
- 2nd and 3rd year in Uganda (with possibility of travelling to Zambia for a comparative study) and final year in Wageningen until graduation
Application Deadline: July 20th, 2015
The ideal candidate would have:
- an outstanding course record in their degree of Master of Business Administration, MSc in Agribusiness Management or (to a minor extent) MSc in Agricultural Economics;
- proven familiarity with theories of institutional economics, supply/value chains, networks, organization, strategic management, entrepreneurship and/or innovation and their applications especially in context of transitions, poverty, food insecurity and/or post-conflict;
- proven familiarity with qualitative methods of data collection and analysis, multivariate statistics and/or basic econometric models;
- outstanding academic English writing and interpersonal skills. We highly encourage applications especially from female candidates and candidates with study/research experience in international settings.
Interested candidates please send your expression of interest to Dr. Domenico Dentoni (firstname.lastname@example.org) by sending the following by July 20th:
- your CV
- cover letter
- maximum two recommendation letters
- a sample (research article, conference paper or individual course paper) of your academic writing
If you have inquiries about this position, please email Dr. Domenico Dentoni at email@example.com.