Monthly Archives: May 2016
24 May 2016. Brussels.
Recent experiences of cooperation between farmers’ organisations.
AgriCord is an initiative of farmers’ organisations and their cooperative businesses to support their colleagues in developing countries by mobilising funds and expertise from organised farmers.
Representatives of farmers’ organisations explained the evolution of their position in specific agro – food chains and the impact on incomes of their members (dairy value chain in Uganda by UCCCU, cashew nut value chain in Benin by URCPA).
▪ Piet Vanthemsche, Chairman of AgriCord – Belgium (and head of the Farmers’ Union in Belgium from 2008 to 2015)
▪ Clayton Arinanye, General Manager Uganda Crane Creameries Cooperative Union (UCCCU) – Uganda
▪ Gwenaël Salaün, Responsable du service technique et expérimentation de la Coopérative Unicoque – France
FOR THE WEB-STREAMING PLEASE GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK:
Full Presentations can be found on the PAEPARD blog
8 – 9 December 2016. Brussels.
This event will a unique opportunity to connect with farmer organisations, private sector actors and financial institutions and to discover sound assessment tools for farmers’ performance and professionalism
5 reasons to attend:
- Discover how to obtain a complete profile and rating of farmer organizations on their professionalism and entrepreneurship by using a sound tool
- Meet farmers, investors and food professionals in the heart of Europe
- Exchange finance and business experiences with smallholders
- Exchange learnings and insights from assessments of farmer organizations with the SCOPEinsight’s tools
- Connect to a platform that builds global curriculum for capacity building of smallholders to become performant business organisations
Registration and information on the seminar visit the website